Why Support and Addiction Treatment for First Responders?
First responders are first on the scene of disasters and emergency situations. The general public sees first responders as a kind of Super Hero. And they are: but even super heroes need support to continue their mission.
As most everyone is aware, the physical demands in being a first responder can be enormous. Being a first responder to emergency situations also has an impact on the mental well-being of emergency personnel.
Firefighters, police, EMS and other emergency services providers are seldom called on to rescue cute kittens from trees. In most cases, first responders see accident victims horribly injured or burned, rescue survivors crushed in crumbling buildings, pull residents from burning buildings; or are called on to defuse situations ranging from domestic disputes to a hostage crisis.
First Responder Trauma and PTSD
Firefighters, police, EMS and other providers face the risk of many behavioral health concerns; including anxiety, depression, burnout, PTSD and addiction. Taking care of mental health is as important as managing physical health.
For first responders, the stress of not being able to save everyone; of the extent of serious injuries at an accident scene; of not being successful in defusing a dispute resulting in injury and more – all take a emotional and mental toll.
First Responder Substance Abuse EAP Programs at New Start Recovery Solutions
New Start Recovery Solutions works with Employee Assistance Programs serving first responders needing detox and addiction rehab treatment. Our programs are specifically designed for first responders; and take into account the unique challenges, needs, and risks associated with being exposed to trauma on a regular basis.
Our dual diagnosis treatment programs help to ensure a higher level of engagement in treatment. If the underlying causes of addiction are treated – PTSD, anxiety, ‘survivor guilt’ and more – then there is a very good prognosis of enjoying long-term recovery from both disorders.
The sooner individuals get help, the sooner they can begin to work through negative emotions and address the issues that are contributing to substance abuse. A high-quality addiction treatment program equips clients with the skills, techniques, strategies and support needed to cope with trauma and stress on a daily basis. And assists in developing healthier ways of handling trauma moving forward.
Code4NW – Support for Washington State 1st Responders
Code 4 Northwest provides a comprehensive and holistic community of confidential support to people within the first responder and critical care family. Through prevention, education, awareness and crisis response, Code4NW will enhance the resilience of the individual, the organizations and the communities they serve.
Code 4 Northwest is a volunteer-run, free and confidential crisis response and referral network for Washington State active and retired first responders, EMS, corrections, civilian support personnel, and their families. Code 4 Northwest is a non-profit 501(c)(3).
New Start Recovery Solutions is very excited that Steve Redmond from Code 4 Northwest will be our opening speaker at our Kickin’ Off the Holidays Party, December 1, 2017 at the San Jose Marriott, 301 South Market Street, San Jose California 95113.
This free event is a fundraiser to support Code 4 Northwest and CCAPP. Donations will benefit Code 4 Northwest; and CCAPP scholarships for individuals who could not otherwise afford treatment. Activities at our holiday gathering include networking, dinner, raffle, an oil painting auction and a silent auction. All donations go directly to Code 4 Northwest and CCAPP.
See more details and RSVP.
One Call, A Community of Support
Code 4 Northwest was created to ensure Washington State’s first responders have access to the best help possible when in crisis.
Code4NW is dedicated to providing the best personalized service and referral resources to those individuals experiencing a crisis. Your call will be answered by a live person who understands the issues you are confronting. All call-takers are current or former first responders or work in the public safety/EMS field in Washington State. Confidentiality is protected by RCW 43.101.425.
Dec 1, 2017 Holiday Benefit Party, San Jose – Great Fun for a Good Cause
- Activities at our Kickin’ Off the Holidays Party holiday gathering include networking, dinner, raffle, an oil painting auction and a silent auction. All donations go directly to Code 4 Northwest and CCAPP.
- Guest speaker Steve Redmond from Code 4 Northwest will be our opening speaker.
- We welcome special guest speakers Clint Malarchuk, retired NHL player; and his wife Joanie.
- A one of a kind original oil painting of Clint Malarchuk by Kristina Letson will be personally signed by Clint; dedicated to the auction winner.
- Donations will benefit individuals who could not otherwise afford treatment; all donations go directly to Code 4 Northwest and CCAPP. Please make out your donation checks to either Code 4 Northwest or CCAPP.
To reserve your FREE ticket, please go to https://kickin-off-the-holidays-party-12-1-17.eventbrite.com.
Alcohol and Drug Addiction Causes Serious Problems in Families
If your family is experiencing the effects of a loved one’s addiction, it is time to take the necessary steps to get help. New Start Recovery Solutions can help you with alcohol and drug rehab in Northern California, Central and Southern California and the US.
Call Now to Take the First Step: Detox and Drug Rehab
New Start Recovery Solutions will refer you or your loved one to the detox and addiction treatment program best suited to their needs. Each individual has unique circumstances; no two people are exactly the same. To be most effective – an addiction rehab treatment needs to be customized for each person.
New Start Recovery Solutions assists in sorting through the wide variety of available programs, locations and insurance coverage. We assist you in finding the right recovery solutions for your specific needs.
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
Addiction Treatment Northern California and the US
Bay Area, East Bay, Silicon Valley, Northern California
Dual Diagnosis Holistic Addiction Recovery
We will continue to serve our community safely. Please be assured that we are here to assist as we navigate through this challenging time!
The health and safety of our community has been, and remains, our greatest focus.
Please don’t hesitate to contact New Start Recovery Solutions Admissions department if we can be of any assistance.
New Start Recovery Solutions Current Services:
• General Outpatient Services (GOP)
• Men & Women ages 18+ for all services
• 24-hour on-site monitoring
• Residential Inpatient Rehab Treatment
• Conscious Recovery
• IOP Intensive Outpatient Treatment
• Dual Diagnosis Treatment (Our Specialty)
• PHP Partial Hospitalization Program
• Veteran/Military PTSD Dual Diagnosis Rehab
• TriWest In-network (Proud to be Serving our Military!)
We Accept Most Insurance
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, DBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
We thank all the essential workers that continue to assist in these times!
We recognize the importance of continuing to serve our clients.
A Military Addiction Recovery Center
In-network with TriWest
We Accept Most Insurance
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now