Northern California First Responder Trauma and Addiction Recovery
· Substance Abuse and PTSD Rehab Treatment ·
First Responder Dual Diagnosis Treatment – Trauma and Addiction Rehab
Firefighters, police, EMS personnel and other first responders experience high stress (and high risk) situations daily. The stress involved does not disappear when the responders go home at night.
High stress profession working conditions can contribute to mental health problems and substance abuse. These working conditions include:
• chronic stress
• physical strain
• working long hours
• lack of sleep.
Studies suggest that sleep disturbances with least 2 weeks of insomnia or hypersomnia (or both) reported – are risk factors for the later development of depression, anxiety disorders or substance abuse and addiction.
When first responders receive treatment soon after health impacts from a traumatic event are noticed – months of suffering can be avoided.
Asking for Help in Dealing with Trauma is a Sign of Strength
Asking for help to deal with the impacts of trauma, PTSD and/or substance abuse issues is a sign of strength.
Firefighters, police, EMS and other emergency services providers are seldom called on to rescue cute kittens from trees. On a daily basis, first responders see accident victims horribly injured or burned, rescue survivors crushed in crumbling buildings, fight overwhelming forest fires, pull residents from burning buildings. Or they may be called on to defuse situations ranging from domestic disputes to a hostage crisis.
For first responders, work stress takes an emotional and mental toll.
Their job stress often includes:
• Not being able to save everyone;
• The extent of serious injuries at an accident scene;
• Not being successful in defusing a dispute resulting in injury.
PTSD Risk for Firefighters, Police, EMS, Veterans, and Others
Firefighters, police, EMS, veterans, and other first responders are at high risk of experiencing trauma. And ongoing experience of trauma can lead to developing behavioral health issues. Mental health and wellness issues that can be caused by repeated trauma include anxiety, depression, burnout, PTSD, functional alcoholism and addiction.
Taking care of mental health is as important as managing physical health. Although in many cases – there may still be a stigma attached to seeking help.
However, the sooner emergency personnel receive treatment after a traumatic event health impacts are noticed – the better the outcome.
There is no need to ‘suffer in silence’ for months before seeking (and receiving) help and treatment.
The traumatized individual not only experiences impacts to their own health and wellness. Significant others, friends and family are also affected by PTSD and ‘self-medicating’ substance abuse.
A high quality dual diagnosis addiction and trauma treatment program equips clients with techniques, strategies and the support needed to cope with trauma and stress on a daily basis. And assists in developing healthier ways of handling trauma moving forward.
Whole Person, Evidence-Based Dual Diagnosis PTSD Substance Abuse Treatment
For lasting recovery – dual diagnosis addiction rehab treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions has the goal of identifying and healing underlying issues.
At New Start Recovery Solutions, we specialize in evidence based integrated treatment for dual diagnosis. Our dual diagnosis treatment programs include mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD and more.
Dual diagnosis addiction recovery requires going beyond a basic treatment of alcoholism, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders. We combine primary mental health care with addiction recovery treatment.
We Treat the Whole Person: Body, Mind and Spirit
Our whole person dual diagnosis (also called co-occurring disorders) treatment programs make use of evidence based therapy that has been researched academically and/or scientifically – and have been proven effective. We use the Conscious Recovery program as well as holistic addiction recovery treatments.
Our evidence-based treatment includes a combination of:
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Prolonged Exposure
• Mindfulness and Meditation
• Holistic Therapies and Wellness
• Educational Programs
• Family Recovery Program
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
Addiction Treatment Northern California and the US
Bay Area, East Bay, Silicon Valley, Northern California
Dual Diagnosis Holistic Addiction Recovery
Residential Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Rehab Addiction Treatment
Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Treatment – Recovery Happens Outpatient Rehab Centers
Recovery Happens Fair Oaks
7996 Old Winding Way, Suite #300
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Recovery Happens San Rafael
938 B Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
We will continue to serve our community safely. Please be assured that we are here to assist as we navigate through this challenging time!
The health and safety of our community has been, and remains, our greatest focus.
Please don’t hesitate to contact New Start Recovery Solutions Admissions department if we can be of any assistance.
New Start Recovery Solutions Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment
• Medically Managed Detoxification
• General Outpatient Services – Adolescents 12+ and Adults
• Men & Women ages 18+ for Residential Rehabs
• 24-hour on-site monitoring
• Residential Inpatient Rehab Treatment
• Whole Person Evidence-based Recovery
• Mindfulness for Recovery
• Telehealth Virtual IOP Intensive Outpatient Program
• Family Program and Counseling
• Intervention and Crisis Intervention
• Nutrition and Wellness Programs
• Relapse Prevention
• Dual Diagnosis Treatment (Our Specialty)
• PHP ‘Day Program’ Partial Hospitalization Program
• IOP Intensive Outpatient Treatment
• Outpatient Primary Mental Health Therapy
• Veteran/Military PTSD Dual Diagnosis Rehab
• VA Community Care Provider
• TriWest In-network (Proud to be Serving our Military!)
• Most Insurance Accepted
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, DBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
We thank all the essential workers that continue to assist in these times!
We recognize the importance of continuing to serve our clients.
We Accept Most Insurance
A Military Addiction Recovery Center
In-network with TriWest