Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment Resources
New Start Recovery Solutions is a
VA Community Care Provider
VA Community Care Process | N California VA Medical Centers
VA PTSD Resources | N California VA Services
Women Veteran Resources N California | What are PTSD Symptoms?
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment | How I Knew I Had PTSD
N California Veteran Dual Diagnosis PTSD and Addiction Treatment
Veterans Coping with COVID Resources NorCal 2021
How to Sign Up for VA Services in Northern California
If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now.
• Make an Appointment at the Northern California VA for an Addiction Assessment.
New Start Recovery Solutions is a
VA Community Care Provider
The VA provides care to Veterans through community providers when VA cannot provide the care needed. Community care is based on specific eligibility requirements, availability of VA care, and the needs and circumstances of individual Veterans.
VA Community Care Process
1. Eligibility – VA confirms Veteran’s eligibility to receive community care.
2. Appointments – Veteran or VA staff member schedules appointment with a community care provider.
3. Getting Care – Veteran receives care from a community care provider in the VA network.
4. Billing – Community care provider sends bill to a Third Party Administrator or to the VA for payment.
VA Medical Centers in Northern California
Martinez VA Medical Center
150 Muir Road
Martinez, CA 94553-4668
The Martinez Outpatient Clinic offers a full range of medical, surgical, mental health, and diagnostic outpatient services, including nuclear medicine, ultrasound, CT and MRI. The Center for Rehabilitation and Extended Care is located adjacent to the outpatient clinic.
Chico VA Clinic
1601 Concord Avenue
Chico, CA 95928-9486
The Chico VA Clinic offers a wide range of medical and ancillary services including primary care, audiology, laboratory, mental health, nutrition, otolaryngology (ENT), pharmacy, social work and women’s health. Dermatology services are provided via telemedicine. The clinic is located in Meriam Park, adjacent to the Butte County Superior Courthouse.
Mare Island VA Clinic
201 Walnut Avenue, Building 201
Mare Island, CA 94592-1107
The Mare Island VA Clinic, located in Vallejo, offers a wide range of medical and ancillary services including primary care, neurology, mental health, social work, dentistry, compensation and pension exams, laboratory and pharmacy services. The Sierra Pacific Network Office (VISN 21), Joint Planning Office and Medical Care Cost Finance (MCCF) Office are also located at this facility.
Northern California VA Services
Women Veteran Resources Northern California
• Women Veterans Health Care – VA
• Center for Women Veterans (CWV) – VA
• Transition and Care Management (OEF/OIF/OND) – VA
• VA Programs to End Homelessness Among Women Veterans
• Volunteers of America Veteran Resources, Sacramento Area
• Swords to Plowshares
• National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
• CA Veterans Assistance Foundation
VA PTSD Resources
• National Center for PTSD
• PTSD Basics: National Center for PTSD
• VA PTSD: About Face – Follow Veterans as they share their experiences with three types of therapy that are proven to work: Prolonged Exposure (PE), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Studies show PTSD and substance use problems are strongly related in people who served in the military; and in civilians. Some people try to cope with PTSD symptoms by drinking heavily, using drugs, or smoking too much.
The Good News: Treatment Works.
New Start Recovery Solutions evidence-based integrated treatment for veterans targets both the PTSD and alcohol or substance abuse at the same time.
PTSD symptoms can include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety or intrusive thoughts about the event. Most people who experience traumatic events have temporary difficulty adjusting and coping.
If trauma symptoms get worse – or last more than 3 months and interfere with day-to-day functioning: you may have PTSD.
Among veterans from all eras, symptoms of PTSD have been strongly associated with hazardous drinking and/or substance abuse. Alcohol or drug abuse decreases overall health – and increases the difficulties in readjusting to civilian life. A dual diagnosis of co-occurring PTSD and alcohol or drug abuse is more serious than PTSD alone.
The good news: evidence based integrated dual diagnosis treatment is effective.
Symptoms of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event.
But sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.
These symptoms can cause significant problems in social or work situations and in relationships. PTSD symptoms can interfere with the ability to go about normal daily tasks.
Symptoms can vary over time. PTSD symptoms also vary from person to person.
PTSD Symptoms are Grouped into Four Types:
• Intrusive memories.
• Negative changes in thinking and mood.
• Hypervigilance and/or changes in physical and emotional reactions.
Northern California Veteran
Dual Diagnosis PTSD and Addiction Treatment
We are a VA Community Care Provider.
Our evidence-based PTSD treatment for veterans includes a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive processing therapy, EMDR, prolonged exposure, wellness education, mindfulness, yoga and more.
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
• Relapse prevention
• Mindfulness and Meditation
• Holistic Therapies
• Educational programs
• Residential and Outpatient Treatment Programs
How Veterans Can Get Help
Make a VA Appointment at Northern California VA for an Addiction Assessment.
If you are a qualifying military veteran located in northern California – there is help available. Most veterans are eligible for VA Health Benefits, which help cover (or cover) the cost of mental health services, including addiction treatment.
• Veterans seeking treatment for substance abuse can start the process by talking with their primary VA health care provider; or contacting their nearest Vet Center.
• Get an appointment for a PTSD Dual Diagnosis referral
• Ask for Community-based Addiction Recovery Treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Northern California Evidence-Based
Trauma Informed Whole Person Addiction Recovery
We are all in this together!
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Walnut Creek, San Rafael, Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Roseville, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Military and Veteran PTSD treatment programs.
We thank all the essential workers that continue to assist in these times!
We recognize the importance of continuing to serve our clients.
We Accept Most Insurance
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now
New Start Recovery Solutions
New Start Recovery Solutions Concord, CA