Northern CA Evidence-Based, Whole Person Addiction Recovery
Rediscover Wellness and Feeling Good – Sober!
Sobriety and wellness are joyful experiences! It is possible to make a new start at any time.
Our whole person addiction recovery treatment options include intervention, individual assessment, medical detox, individual counseling, group counseling and individualized medication protocol (when needed). Other elements of whole person treatment are tai chi, yoga, meditation and experiential art and movement programs. We use nutrition and mindfulness as critical elements of addiction recovery.
We have a variety of residential and outpatient addiction recovery treatment options. Treatment is available for first responders, dual diagnosis patients, impaired professionals, high functioning alcoholics and more.
We work with EAP Employee Assistance Programs and most insurance.
The Addiction Recovery Stages of Change Model – Start Where You Are
The Stages of Change Model is a helpful tool to understand the process of behavioral change. Most in addiction recovery move through the stages of change in a spiral pattern. Individuals in recovery can jump about between stages, go backward and forward. Individuals can be in more than one stage at a time.
To progress through the Stages of Change – individuals actively engage in cognitive and emotional work; and evaluative insight processes. Mindfulness meditation is very helpful in this process.
• Pre-Contemplation – In this stage, individuals are not planning to take action in the foreseeable future (defined as within the next 6 months).
• Contemplation – Individuals begin to consider a more positive, healthy behavior in the foreseeable future (defined as within the next 6 months). They begin to recognize their behavior may be causing a problem.
• Preparation (Determination) – Individuals are ready to take action within the next 30 days.
• Action – Individuals have recently changed their behavior (defined as within the last 6 months) – and intend to keep moving forward with that behavior change.
• Maintenance – Individuals have continued behavior change for a while (defined as more than 6 months) – and intend to maintain the behavior change going forward. At this stage, individuals are actively working to prevent relapse to earlier stages.
Impaired Professionals Evaluation and Treatment
Impaired professionals are found in all professions.
Any intense work environment with pressure to perform is at risk for development of substance abuse issues.
New Start Recovery Solutions Intervention Options
While every intervention is different, a typical intervention starts with a concerned loved one calling us here at New Start Recovery Solutions.
People who struggle with addiction are usually in denial about their situation and unwilling to seek treatment. Intervention helps the person make the connection between their use of alcohol and drugs and the problems in their life. The goal of interventions is to present the alcohol or drug user with a structured opportunity to accept help. Intervention is an opportunity for the addict to make changes before their life situation gets worse.
• Individual Intervention
• Family Intervention
• Treatment Planning
• Guided Intervention
• Group Intervention
• Employee Assistance Group
At New Start Recovery Solutions Northern California drug and alcohol rehab centers – we work very closely with families and their loved ones during interventions.
High Functioning Alcoholic and Addict Rehab
Interventions may be the only possibility to reach a functional addict or alcoholic – and get them into treatment.
If you are in a relationship with a functional alcoholic or addict – you need to take steps to protect yourself. Family recovery programs are essential to ongoing well-being for the family of alcoholics. If there are children involved, they must be protected.
A functional alcoholic or functional addict parent may not physically neglect or abuse their child. However, emotional neglect will occur and leave significant scars.
After Intervention – Medical Drug and Alcohol Detox
You (or your friend or loved one) have resolved to stop using drugs or alcohol. Congratulations! This is the first step to regaining sobriety and the importance cannot be underestimated.
Now, medical detox from the addictive substance/s must occur. Recovery support begins with detox from drugs and alcohol. The right detox program helps individuals through physical withdrawal symptoms and provides the medical assistance needed during this rough time.
Why is Quitting on Your Own Harmful?
Depending on the individual’s history of abuse and medical and physical conditions. The severity of detox effects will differ.
However, the risks of detox for all serious drug and alcohol users can be dangerous. Detox should never be attempted alone. A sudden stop of drug and alcohol use can lead to seizures, heart attacks and strokes. In severe cases, unsupervised detox can even cause death.
Need Help with Alcohol or Substance Abuse?
If you or your family are experiencing the effects of addiction – it is time to take the necessary steps to get help.
If PTSD or any form of mental illness is also involved (depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and more) – it is critical to make certain the recovery center you choose has Dual Diagnosis treatment.
Dual Diagnosis is also known as ‘co-occurring disorders’ in substance use disorders (SUD) treatment.
Mindfulness with Whole Person Addiction Recovery
Long-term addiction recovery is dependent on discarding habitual behaviors – and instead engaging in new sober activities. Mindfulness means having the internal focus to be quietly aware of your own thoughts and impulses – without judgment or acting on the impulses.
Clients are introduced to new habits, rituals, and wellness techniques for mind, body and spirit. Holistic recovery in the residential program at New Start Recovery Solutions includes core addiction treatment along with mindfulness practices, yoga, tai chi and positive psychology.
Northern California Evidence-Based Whole Person Addiction Recovery
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now
New Start Recovery Solutions
2449 Pacheco Street
Concord CA 94520