Evidence-Based Whole Person Addiction Treatment
Detox and Rehab Bay Area, East Bay, Silicon Valley
- Why Drug or Alcohol Detox?
- What is Detox?
- Residential Addiction Recovery Treatment Bay Area
- Rediscover Wellness and Feeling Good – Sober! Make a New Start Now
- We Treat the Whole Person: Body, Mind and Spirit
- Whole Person, Evidence-Based Integrated Substance Abuse Treatment
Why Drug or Alcohol Detox?
By the time most individuals realize that detox and rehab treatment are needed – their physical and emotional health have been compromised. Heavy drug or alcohol use resulting in addiction is physically and emotionally devastating.
Entering detox is an act of courage. There is often fear about the detox process. And there is concern about whether detox symptoms will be unpleasant or painful. Also, there are psychological withdrawal symptoms that include cravings and anxiety.
New Start Recovery Solutions helps individuals find freedom from addiction and regain control of their life. We have medically supervised detox programs at our residential treatment center in the Bay Area.
Our warm, compassionate, caring environment and medical staff gets individuals on the road to recovery the right way.
What is Detox?
Detox Process Basic Elements:
1. Stop the ingestion of alcohol or drugs.
2. Allow the body time to remove the drug or alcohol toxins.
3. Medical Monitoring during the detox process.
4. Deal with the physical effects of withdrawal; medications may be required to lessen symptoms.
5. Deal with the psychological side effects of withdrawal.
6. The psychological effects of withdrawal can be as difficult as the physical effects.
7. Education on the effects of addiction begin; assessment and the beginning of rehab.
Who Needs Detox?
Anyone who has been engaging in regular substance abuse or drinking excessively will need to detox.
What Happens During Detox?
Within 6-24 hours of stopping drug or alcohol intake, the body begins to experience withdrawal. This happens because a physical dependence on the current level of drug or alcohol intake has been developed. As the body begins to seeks balance and toxins are eliminated – withdrawal symptoms develop.
Withdrawal can be unpleasant – or life-threatening. Each individual is different. The severity of withdrawal symptoms depends on many factors.
Individual Withdrawal Variables Include:
1. What kind of drugs were taken (or alcohol consumed) – and for how long.
2. How much alcohol or drugs were consumed on a regular basis.
3. Genetic makeup; individuals vary in reaction to drugs or alcohol.
4. Medical history, physical and emotional condition.
5. Any underlying mental health or emotional issues; such as PTSD, anxiety, depression, etc.
Is There Medication for Withdrawal Symptoms During Detox?
Yes, medication for withdrawal symptoms is available at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Our detox patients receive 24 hour medically supervised care. Our nursing and medically trained staff gives patients the help, strength, and immediate medical attention needed to handle serious withdrawal symptoms.
Excruciating physical withdrawal symptoms can be avoided. Medication is provided as needed. Detox is never easy – but we make it as fast and comfortable as possible.
How Long Does Detox Last?
For most individuals, detox lasts 3-7 days.
However, there is no set time for completion of detox. Each individual is different.
Our compassionate staff gives patients the help, strength, and immediate medical attention needed to complete withdrawal as fast and as comfortably as possible.
During detox – we help our clients build the foundation needed to maintain long-term sobriety.
Residential Addiction Recovery Treatment Bay Area
At New Start Recovery Solutions – each client receives a complete screening and addiction assessment. And then an individualized treatment plan is created.
Our evidence-based whole person addiction recovery treatment includes individual assessment, medical detox, individual counseling, group counseling and individualized medication protocol (when needed). Other elements of whole person treatment are yoga, mindfulness and mindfulness relapse prevention, meditation and fitness programs.
Rediscover Wellness and Feeling Good – Sober!
Make a New Start Now
Feeling good while sober is a joyful experience! We help our clients re-discover the natural ‘high’ of wellness and feeling good in Body, Mind and Spirit.
We Treat the Whole Person: Body, Mind and Spirit
Our whole person dual diagnosis (also called co-occurring disorders) treatment programs make use of evidence based therapy that has been researched academically and/or scientifically; and has been proven effective.
Our evidence-based treatment includes a combination of:
Whole Person, Evidence-Based
Integrated Substance Abuse Treatment
“Evidence-based practice is the integration of best research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values.“Policy Statement on Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology, American Psychological Association 2005
At New Start Recovery Solutions, we specialize in evidence based integrated treatment for dual diagnosis. Our dual diagnosis treatment programs include mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD and more.
For lasting recovery – dual diagnosis addiction rehab treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions has the goal of identifying and healing underlying issues.
Our Goal is for our patients to achieve life-long sustainable recovery.
We are all in this together!
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, San Rafael, Monterey, Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Our trauma-informed dual diagnosis treatment is effective for PTSD, depression, anxiety and more.
We thank all the essential workers that continue to assist in these times!
We recognize the importance of continuing to serve our clients.