Women’s Association for Addiction Treatment WAAT
East Bay WAAT Meeting Monthly at New Start Recovery Solutions
WAAT Meeting East Bay – New Start Recovery Solutions in Concord, CA is excited to annouce that we are hosting the monthly meetings of WAAT Women’s Association of Addiction Treatment.
The Women’s Association of Addiction Treatment (WAAT) is a unique membership organization of professional women working in the field of recovery.
WAAT East Bay meets every 3rd Tuesday at New Start Recovery Solutions. Meeting are in-person and via Zoom.
20 in-person registrations are available
Next WAAT Meeting Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Tuesday, April 18th: 10:30 am- 12:30 PST
Speaker: Donna Branch, MA –Director of California Outpatient Services, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
When Helpers Need Help
WAAT is committed to advancing and supporting women in all areas of the addiction recovery field. Our membership is comprised of therapists, counselors, treatment center owners, frontline staff, nutritionists, business development, yoga instructors, and more.
With chapters in several major cities in the U.S., our members come together for WAAT Meetings monthly to engage in conversation, professional development, networking and support. WAAT Chapter meetings focus on topics relevant to recovery as well as issues specific to women working in the field.
WAAT’s Mission Statement
To advance and support women who work in the field of recovery.
To provide educational, professional development and networking opportunities that meet the needs and challenges of women working in the field.
WAAT’s Vision Statement
To encourage and promote women’s leadership and excellence in the field of recovery.
More About WAAT
The Women’s Association of Addiction Treatment (WAAT) is a unique membership organization of professional women who work in the field of recovery. WAAT is committed to advancing and supporting women in the field. Our membership is comprised of therapists, counselors, treatment center owners, frontline staff, nutritionists, business development, yoga instructors, and more.
HISTORY OF WAAT
In 2001 founder Victoria Smart gathered six women who worked in recovery for a monthly lunch meeting to share their experience, support and knowledge with each other. As more women were invited the lunch meeting became a breakfast meeting and a few months later, in early 2002, the meeting had grown so large it was moved to conference room to accommodate everyone. The original six women formed the first Board of Directors and began to organize WAAT into a membership organization of diverse and dynamic women.
Under the leadership and vision of the founding Board, WAAT became more than a supportive networking group. Members and other leaders in the field were invited to give presentations every other month, and eventually WAAT began offering CEs. An extensive resource directory was created for members, by members, based on their direct experiences. Chapter expansion began a few years later.
At the core of every WAAT Chapter meeting is the same central purpose born from the first gathering of six women. Today with Chapters all across California and other states, WAAT members continue to uphold the mission and values established by its founders.
Northern California Whole Person Addiction Treatment
New Start Recovery Solutions | Recovery Happens Counseling Services
Confidential Consultations, Questions or Admissions
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
We Work with EAP and Union Programs and Accept Most Insurance
Kaiser Preferred Provider
VA Community Care Provider In-Network with TriWest
We also work out of network with most PPO insurance.
Please Note: We cannot accept Medicare, Medicaid or Medi-Cal.
We Work With:
∙ Union and EAP Programs
∙ VA Community Care Provider
∙ In-network with TriWest
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness for Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies.
• Our holistic therapies include CBT, DBT, Brainspotting, Conscious Recovery, yoga and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, San Rafael, Monterey, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Our trauma-informed dual diagnosis treatment is effective for PTSD, depression, anxiety and more.
• Military and Veteran PTSD Treatment Programs – Residential and Outpatient.
• Treatment Programs for First Responders, Union Members and Professionals.
Please call our Admissions at 866-303-6275 for more information.
Or feel welcome to Contact Us.