Holiday Sobriety is Possible
Plan Ahead for Sober Holidays
1. Maintain a Strong Intent to Stay Sober.
2. Avoid people, places and things that bring memories of previous drinking or drugging.
3. Maintain emotional balance; mindfulness is very helpful.
4. Whenever possible, limit exposure to stressful or triggering situations.
5. Have fun – sober! Begin to find happiness in your life without drinking or drugging.
6. See more Holiday Sobriety Tips, Mindful Sobriety for Holidays – Thanksgiving and More
Have Fun – Sober!
For those in early recovery, a common experience is wondering if happiness will ever be experienced again. The emotions experienced during withdrawal and early recovery from addictive substances are very similar to emotions experienced during a divorce or close relationship break-up.
• THE GOOD NEWS: The ‘low’ feelings of early recovery are temporary and will resolve.
• YES: You will again feel hope, optimism, more energy and happiness.
• Begin to discover what brings you happiness.
• Start small: in the beginning, a short walk outside in the sunshine could be happiness-producing.
• Explore what brings you feelings of happiness while sober. Happiness is possible!
• Take care of yourself by discovering what brings you happiness – and find ways to do more of those things.
New Start Recovery Solutions wishes you a Sober and Happy Holiday Season 2019!
New Start Recovery Solutions | Recovery Happens Counseling Services
Confidential Consultations, Questions or Admissions
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
We Work with EAP and Union Programs and Accept Most Insurance
Kaiser Preferred Provider
VA Community Care Provider In-Network with TriWest
We also work out of network with most PPO insurance.
Please Note: We cannot accept Medicare, Medicaid or Medi-Cal.
We Work With:
∙ Union and EAP Programs
∙ VA Community Care Provider
∙ In-network with TriWest