Holiday Sobriety is Possible
Plan Ahead for Sober Holidays
1. Maintain a Strong Intent to Stay Sober.
2. Avoid people, places and things that bring memories of previous drinking or drugging.
3. Maintain emotional balance; mindfulness is very helpful.
4. Whenever possible, limit exposure to stressful or triggering situations.
5. Have fun – sober! Begin to find happiness in your life without drinking or drugging.
6. See more Holiday Sobriety Tips, Mindful Sobriety for Holidays – Thanksgiving and More
Have Fun – Sober!
For those in early recovery, a common experience is wondering if happiness will ever be experienced again. The emotions experienced during withdrawal and early recovery from addictive substances are very similar to emotions experienced during a divorce or close relationship break-up.
• THE GOOD NEWS: The ‘low’ feelings of early recovery are temporary and will resolve.
• YES: You will again feel hope, optimism, more energy and happiness.
• Begin to discover what brings you happiness.
• Start small: in the beginning, a short walk outside in the sunshine could be happiness-producing.
• Explore what brings you feelings of happiness while sober. Happiness is possible!
• Take care of yourself by discovering what brings you happiness – and find ways to do more of those things.
Wishing You a Joyful Christmas and Holiday Season
New Start Recovery Solutions wishes you a Sober and Happy Holiday Season 2019!
Confidential Consultations, Questions or Admissions
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
We Work with EAP and Union Programs and Accept Most Insurance