Holiday Sobriety is Possible
Plan Ahead for Sober Holidays
- Maintain a Strong Intent to Stay Sober.
- Avoid people, places and things that bring memories of previous drinking or drugging.
- Maintain emotional balance; mindfulness is very helpful.
- Whenever possible, limit exposure to stressful or triggering situations.
- Have fun – sober! Begin to find happiness in your life without drinking or drugging.
- See more Holiday Sobriety Tips, Mindful Sobriety for Holidays – Thanksgiving and More
Have Fun – Sober!
For those in early recovery, a common experience is wondering if happiness will ever be experienced again. The emotions experienced during withdrawal and early recovery from addictive substances are very similar to emotions experienced during a divorce or close relationship break-up.
• THE GOOD NEWS: The ‘low’ feelings of early recovery are temporary and will resolve.
• YES: You will again feel hope, optimism, more energy and happiness.
• Begin to discover what brings you happiness.
• Start small: in the beginning, a short walk outside in the sunshine could be happiness-producing.
• Explore what brings you feelings of happiness while sober. Happiness is possible!
• Take care of yourself by discovering what brings you happiness – and find ways to do more of those things.
Wishing You a Joyful Christmas and Holiday Season
New Start Recovery Solutions wishes you a sober and happy holiday season 2019!
New Start Recovery Solutions
Addiction Treatment Northern California and the US
Bay Area, East Bay, Silicon Valley, Bangor, Northern California
Dual Diagnosis Holistic Addiction Recovery
VA Community Care Provider for residential PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment.
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now
Outpatient and Telehealth Dual Diagnosis
Recovery Happens Fair Oaks
7996 Old Winding Way, Suite #300
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Recovery Happens Davis
719 2nd St
Davis, CA 95616
Recovery Happens Roseville
3017 Douglas Blvd., 3rd Floor
Roseville, CA 95661
Recovery Happens San Rafael
938 B Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
Recovery Happens Walnut Creek
2121 North California Blvd., Suite 290
Walnut Creek, CA 94596