New Start Recovery Solutions Bay Area
Dual Diagnosis Rehab
Holiday Sobriety is Possible
- • Maintain a Strong Intent to Stay Sober.
- • Avoid people, places and things that bring memories of previous drinking or drugging.
- • Maintain emotional balance; mindfulness is very helpful.
- • Whenever possible, limit exposure to stressful or triggering situations.
- • Have fun – sober! Begin to find happiness in your life without drinking or drugging.
- • See more Holiday Sobriety Tips, Mindful Sobriety for Holidays – Thanksgiving and More
Have Fun – Sober!
For those in early recovery, a common experience is wondering if happiness will ever be experienced again. The emotions experienced during withdrawal and early recovery from addictive substances are very similar to emotions experienced during a divorce or close relationship break-up.
• THE GOOD NEWS: The ‘low’ feelings of early recovery are temporary and will resolve.
• YES: You will again feel hope, optimism, more energy and happiness.
• Begin to discover what brings you happiness.
• Start small: in the beginning, a short walk outside in the sunshine could be happiness-producing.
• Explore what brings you feelings of happiness while sober. Happiness is possible!
• Take care of yourself by discovering what brings you happiness – and find ways to do more of those things.
Wishing You a Joyful Christmas and Holiday Season
New Start Recovery Solutions wishes you a sober and happy holiday season 2019!
VA Community Care Provider for residential PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment.
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now
New Start Recovery Solutions
2449 Pacheco Street
Concord CA 94520