New Start Recovery Solutions
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Programs
N California Veteran Dual Diagnosis PTSD and Addiction Treatment
New Start Recovery Solutions Locations
VA Community Care Provider
What is PTSD? – Short Video
Northern California Veteran Dual Diagnosis PTSD and Addiction Treatment
Veterans Programs at New Start Recovery Solutions
PTSD with Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
PTSD and Trauma dual diagnosis integrated treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions works with the issues of combat stress, alcohol dependency, drug addiction, depression and other trauma-related disorders.
New Start Recovery Solutions Northern California Locations
We have residential inpatient and outpatient dual diagnosis treatment at our rehab centers in Concord, Bangor and Sacramento.
New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider
New Start Recovery Solutions is an approved VA Community Care provider for residential PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment. We are in-network with TriWest.
Using evidence-based trauma informed dual diagnosis integrated treatment – our veterans programs provide help for those struggling with PTSD and SUD (substance use disorder) or AUD (alcohol use disorder).
We treat the Whole Person – using Mindfulness for Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies.
Our Veterans PTSD Dual Diagnosis Programs include:
- Trauma-informed Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Emotional Regulation Strategies
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Wellness Education,
- Mindfulness, Yoga and more.
Veterans – We Can Help!
Call Admissions 866-303-6275 for confidential questions and assistance.
Same Day Detox Admissions · Dual Diagnosis Rehab Treatment
Residential Rehabs | Outpatient Rehabs | Mental Health Care | Virtual IOP
We work with EAP and Union Programs and most insurance.
TriWest in-network; VA Community Care Provider
What is PTSD?
Symptoms of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event.
But sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.
These symptoms can cause significant problems in social or work situations and in relationships. PTSD symptoms can interfere with the ability to go about normal daily tasks.
Symptoms can vary over time. PTSD symptoms also vary from person to person.
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment
From PTSD and Substance Abuse in Veterans
Studies show PTSD and substance use problems are strongly related in people who served in the military; and in civilians. Some people try to cope with PTSD symptoms by drinking heavily, using drugs, or smoking too much.
The Good News: PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment Works.
New Start Recovery Solutions evidence-based integrated treatment for veterans targets both PTSD and alcohol or substance abuse at the same time.
PTSD symptoms can include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety or intrusive thoughts about the event. Most people who experience traumatic events have temporary difficulty adjusting and coping.
If trauma symptoms get worse – or last more than 3 months and interfere with day-to-day functioning: you may have PTSD.
Among veterans from all eras, symptoms of PTSD have been strongly associated with hazardous drinking and/or substance abuse. Alcohol or drug abuse decreases overall health – and increases the difficulties in readjusting to civilian life. A dual diagnosis of co-occurring PTSD and alcohol or drug abuse is more serious than PTSD alone.
The good news: evidence based integrated dual diagnosis treatment is effective.
How Veterans Can Get Help for PTSD with Substance Abuse
Make a VA Appointment at Northern California VA for an Addiction Assessment.
If you are a qualifying military veteran located in northern California – there is help available. Most veterans are eligible for VA Health Benefits, which help cover (or cover) the cost of mental health services, including addiction treatment.
• Veterans seeking treatment for substance abuse can start the process by talking with their primary VA health care provider; or contacting their nearest Vet Center.
• Get an appointment for a PTSD Dual Diagnosis referral
• Ask for Community-based Addiction Recovery Treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
New Start Recovery Solutions Northern California Addiction Recovery
New Start Recovery Solutions | Recovery Happens Counseling Services
Confidential Consultations, Questions or Admissions
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
We Work with EAP and Union Programs and Accept Most Insurance
Kaiser Preferred Provider
VA Community Care Provider In-Network with TriWest
We also work out of network with most PPO insurance.
Please Note: We cannot accept Medicare, Medicaid or Medi-Cal.
We Work With:
∙ Union and EAP Programs
∙ VA Community Care Provider
∙ In-network with TriWest
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness for Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies.
• Our holistic therapies include CBT, DBT, Brainspotting, Conscious Recovery, yoga and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, San Rafael, Monterey, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Our trauma-informed dual diagnosis treatment is effective for PTSD, depression, anxiety and more.
• Military and Veteran PTSD Treatment Programs – Residential and Outpatient.
• Treatment Programs for First Responders, Union Members and Professionals.
Please call our Admissions at 866-303-6275 for more information.
Or feel welcome to Contact Us.