New Start Recovery Solutions
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Programs
Northern California Veteran
Dual Diagnosis PTSD and Addiction Treatment
Veterans Programs at New Start Recovery Solutions
PTSD with Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
PTSD and Trauma dual diagnosis integrated treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions works with the issues of combat stress, alcohol dependency, drug addiction, depression and other trauma-related disorders.
New Start Recovery Solutions Northern California Locations
New Start Recovery Solutions is a
VA Community Care Provider
Using evidence-based trauma informed dual diagnosis integrated treatment – our veterans programs provide help for those struggling with PTSD and SUD (substance use disorder) or AUD (alcohol use disorder).
We treat the Whole Person – using Mindfulness for Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies.
Our Veterans PTSD Dual Diagnosis Programs include:
- Trauma-informed Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Emotional Regulation Strategies
What is PTSD?
Symptoms of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event.
But sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.
These symptoms can cause significant problems in social or work situations and in relationships. PTSD symptoms can interfere with the ability to go about normal daily tasks.
Symptoms can vary over time. PTSD symptoms also vary from person to person.
Veteran PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Studies show PTSD and substance use problems are strongly related in people who served in the military; and in civilians. Some people try to cope with PTSD symptoms by drinking heavily, using drugs, or smoking too much.
The Good News: PTSD Dual Diagnosis Treatment Works.
New Start Recovery Solutions evidence-based integrated treatment for veterans targets both PTSD and alcohol or substance abuse at the same time.
PTSD symptoms can include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety or intrusive thoughts about the event. Most people who experience traumatic events have temporary difficulty adjusting and coping.
If trauma symptoms get worse – or last more than 3 months and interfere with day-to-day functioning: you may have PTSD.
Among veterans from all eras, symptoms of PTSD have been strongly associated with hazardous drinking and/or substance abuse. Alcohol or drug abuse decreases overall health – and increases the difficulties in readjusting to civilian life. A dual diagnosis of co-occurring PTSD and alcohol or drug abuse is more serious than PTSD alone.
The good news: evidence based integrated dual diagnosis treatment is effective.
How Veterans Can Get Help for PTSD with Substance Abuse
Make a VA Appointment at Northern California VA for an Addiction Assessment.
If you are a qualifying military veteran located in northern California – there is help available. Most veterans are eligible for VA Health Benefits, which help cover (or cover) the cost of mental health services, including addiction treatment.
• Veterans seeking treatment for substance abuse can start the process by talking with their primary VA health care provider; or contacting their nearest Vet Center.
• Get an appointment for a PTSD Dual Diagnosis referral
• Ask for Community-based Addiction Recovery Treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
New Start Recovery Solutions Northern California Addiction Recovery
We are all in this together!
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, San Rafael, Monterey, Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Our trauma-informed dual diagnosis treatment is effective for PTSD, depression, anxiety and more.
We thank all the essential workers that continue to assist in these times!
We recognize the importance of continuing to serve our clients.